[Samba] Random "access denied" failures

ML Samba ml.samba at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:38:24 GMT 2005

On 9/28/05, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> > It started with one user suddenly getting denied access to his home
> > directory on the fileserver on only one machine.  He could get access from
> > any other machine in the building.  Then there was another with what
> > appeared to be the same problem but on a different computer.  Now I've had
> > this problem show up for five or six different users, each one on just one
> > computer (a couple of them on the same computer) but everything was fine
> > on the other computers.
>
> Get logs from the smbd serving that user on that computer. Debug level 10
> logs. Look into them (or post them on the list).
>
> It doesn't sound like random failures to me, it sounds like a consistent
> problem that should be reasonably easy to debug.

Hello.  I have a level 10 log file for this error in action.  I wasn't
sure what the
relevent parts were, so the entire log (a little over a meg) is
available.  Rather
than spam the list with it, you may find it at:

http://www.smartrafficenter.net/kevin/log.10.5.51.27

At about 08:15 this morning (near the end of the log file) this problem came
forward on the computer HR-STC-SHIFTSUP with IP 10.5.51.27.  The user
that was logged in is VIRGINIADOT\roy.reid.  Any help anyone can give
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin