[Samba] NET RPC calls fails

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Mon Oct 3 07:05:37 GMT 2005

Hi Samba folks!

I have a problem concerning RPC calls.

In a domain environment running 3.0.3pre2 I have no problems shutting
down remote computers.

I now have a small environment with only 2 computers in a workgroup.

My samba server is running on a FreeBSD 5.4 box and my client is a
Win XP Pro SP2 box.

When I try to use net rpc shutdown -I 192.168.1.50 -U Administrator i
get the response Remote shutdown failed and nothing happends.

Anyone have any suggestions how to solve this?

I've tried to disable the Win firewall but it makes no difference.

In which logfile can I see more detailed info?

Please help!

//Henrik