[Samba] old samba domain to new version of samba domain

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Nov 30 18:46:34 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 11:03, Paul Apking wrote:
> I have upgraded from samba v2.2.8a to samba 3.0.14a and put the
> secrets.tdb file back in the /etc/samba directory. For some reason it
> seems like the old profile information isn't be located. The hostname
> and the domain name haven't changed.
>
> Is it advisable to copy the old secrets.tdb file back again to the new
> /etc/samba directory to see if it works? Or is there anyways to sync the
> old profiles with the new ones?

Suggest that you follow chapter 8 of my book "Samba-3 by Example, second
edition". A cult-of-the-dead-tree (hard copy printed) version may be
purchased from Amazon.Com. A PDF of the book is available from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-ByExample.pdf

The chapter I referred you to above documents the migration/update/upgrade
process. If your question is not adequately answered in chapter 8 please let
me know so I can fix the documentation.

- John T.