[Samba] Modify and backup winbindd_idmap.tdb

Markus.Scheffknecht at t-systems.com Markus.Scheffknecht at t-systems.com
Wed Nov 30 14:16:45 GMT 2005

Hello list,

Is there a possibility to add entries to the winbindd_idmap.tdb manually?
I know I can use tdbdump to see the entries, but is there a chance to modify?

My problem is I have to map some uid to some Windows SID without using LDAP. On the other hand new user not having any uid in linux should map to the range of uid I defind by using

idmap uid = 10000-20000

2nd Question:

Is it possible to backup winbindd_idmap.tdb by just copy the file and use this file to replace in case of corruption of the original file?

Greetings

Markus