[Samba] windows printer driver installation with samba and cups

Beat Morf beat.morf at duagon.com
Wed Nov 30 08:21:18 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Adam Nielsen wrote:
> |> [print$]
> |>          path = /daten/printers
> |>
> |> myserver:/ # la daten/printers/
> |> total 1
> |> drwxrwxr-x   2 root mygroup  48 Nov 25 15:29 .
> |> drwxr-xr-x  20 root mygroup 472 Nov 25 14:59 ..
> |
> | Where are the driver files?  It looks like you
> | haven't installed them.
>
> You also have to create the W32X86, et. al. directory
> tree first.

It's the way to do it - you are right.

After creating and copying the driver into the directory 'W32X86', the Windows Wizard works and I
can install the Windows 2000 driver without any problem - thanks.

I have still one problem:
Printing from Windows works fine, but the printer always prints an empty page at the end of a print
job (something like an ending banner)! Within CUPS, my configuration is as follows:

# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.1.21
# Written by cupsd on Wed Nov 30 09:13:25 2005
<DefaultPrinter Phaser_6300>
Info Phaser6300
Location Engineering
DeviceURI lpd://192.168.0.2/queue
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

I didn't setup an starting/ending banner.

Any idea?