[Samba] roaming profiles, not roaming

Jack Mendez jmendez at vips4kids.org
Tue Nov 29 03:37:21 GMT 2005

i do appreciate your help with this..
according to manpages.
       profile acls (S)
              This boolean parameter was added to fix the problems that
people
              have been having with storing user profiles on Samba shares
from
              Windows 2000 or Windows XP clients. New versions of Windows
2000
              or  Windows  XP  service  packs  do security ACL checking
i have only xp clients running newest service packs, when i set profile
acls to no, it gives me an error message about not being able to download
the profile.
777 is very insecure that means that all users on the system can over
write anyones profile
my problem is not that the profiles can not write to the server, changes
to the profile do get saved, its just they don't get saved to the server
on more then one system.