[Samba] subdirectory permissions

derek derek at scottishsecurity.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 16:51:43 GMT 2005

Hi

  I recently installed Redhat ES 4 with a view to eventually doing away  with our SBS 2003 server. I can share directories ok but cannot seem to  pass the directory share parameters onto the subdirectories and files  within. Is there a way to do this without creating seperate shares for  the subdirectories (there are far too many subdirectories to consider  this, unless I have no option). I have tried the 'Inherit permissions  from parent directory' but this does not seem to work.

  I am quite new to the linux environment as far as using it as a file  server are concerned anyway. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

  Derek