[Samba] NT clients syncronyzing in a Samba PDC Domain

Joel Franco joel.franco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:45:29 GMT 2005

Hi,

Plz, i have installed a Samba NT PDC Domain with XP Prof. and strangelly
the machines are syncronizing with the Samba Server when the user Logoff
of the domain. I've used the smb.conf below in others domains and XP
clients have never synchronized before.

I understand that i'm not using roaming profile, because the logon
path is empty. The only difference in this domain is that i'm using
winbind to the remote domain users (that is a trusted domain) be able to
print in my domain.

The message is something like: "syncronizing \\server\username in
SERVER". This happens just after logoff.

Someone plz can say me what is this and how i disable it?

My configurations...

:~# net rpc trustdom list
Password:
Trusted domains list:

REMDOMAIN                S-1-5-21-1370651826-174269758-184960113

Trusting domains list:

none
:~#

The smb.conf is:

[global]
   netbios name = SERVER
   workgroup = DOMAIN
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
   syslog = 0
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = true
   passdb backend = tdbsam guest
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
   load printers = no
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   os level = 65
   unix charset = iso8859-1
   add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m -g users "%u"
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /dev/null -g ntmachines "%u"
   add group script = /usr/local/bin/smb-addgroupscript "%g"
   add user to group script = /usr/sbin/adduser "%u" "%g"
   delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel "%u"
   delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel "%g"
   delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/deluser "%u" "%g"
   set primary group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -g "%g" "%u"
   logon script = logon.%U.bat
   logon home = \\%N\%U
   logon path =
   logon drive = U:
   domain logons = yes
   idmap uid = 10000-20000
   idmap gid = 10000-20000
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   template homedir =
   template shell = /bin/false
   username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writeable = yes
   create mask = 0644
   directory mask = 0755
[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/samba/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   browseable = no
   root preexec = /home/samba/netlogon/gen_logon.sh %u
   root postexec = /home/samba/netlogon/del_logon.sh %u
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   path = /tmp