[Samba] printer admin: deprecated?

Fabio fabio.marcone at duet.it
Mon Nov 28 08:37:12 GMT 2005

Hi!

> On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 09:53 +1000, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> > > If "printer admin" is deprecated, what option replace it?
> >
> > I'm not sure, I was wondering this same question myself.
> >
> > > printer admin is still valid? if yes, until version will support it?
> >
> > I'm using Samba 3.0.20 and it still seems to work, but I'm not sure
> > when it'll be taken out.
>
> I understand it has been replaced with proper ACLs and privileges.
> Check the release notes.

Ok, I can use  SePrintOperatorPrivilege but I use printer admin in the share
section so that I can decide which users/groups are administrators (for a
printer) and which not.
I can do that using SePrintOperatorPrivilege ? No, I think, because I can't
specify a particular printer. is it wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Fabio

--

Dott. Fabio Marcone

2T srl
Telefono	+39 - 0871- 540154
Fax		+39 - 0871- 571594
Email	fabio.marcone at duet.it
Indirizzo	Viale B. Croce 573, 66013 Chieti Scalo (CH)