[Samba] Multiple Workgroups in a single PDC

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Nov 27 21:58:43 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 15:58 -0500, Camilo Alberto Cubillos Jiménez
wrote:
> We wish to create multiple workgroups using a single domain SAMBA(LDAP) on a
> LINUX Server. The linux Server is the primary domain controller. or I need a
> linux/samba server per workgroup, if we has for example 30 workgrous, then?...
>
> Really we wish view on the windows network browser, groups and not all machines
> on a single group(domain).

----
machines that aren't joined to the domain can have any workgroup
assigned that they wish - but of course this means that the benefits a
single point logon to domain to obtain access to resources is lost.
Otherwise, you would need multiple domain controllers (or instances) and
trusts between the domains. I believe that this topic is covered in the
'How-To' at www.samba.org

Craig

believed to be clean.