[Samba] Hiding and showing folders in Samba.

Michel Bouchet michelbh at gol.com
Fri Nov 25 10:06:53 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am using Samba as a file server; with 11 users :
usr1, usr2, ..... usr10, usr 11.

There are 11 folders on the server :
sfold1, sfold2, ...... sfold10, sfold11

Each user has full access (read/write) to his/her folder and no access at
all to the other folders.

Therefore I would like to get each user  to see his folder and none of the
others when one access the samba-server.

How can I do that ?

I have tried to use the "browseable", "only user", and a few other flags but
it did not work. Either the folder is visible to everyone or to nobody. Of
course I still can control the access rights, but it would be cleaner if the
non-accessible folders did show up at all.

Has anyboby got this problem ?

Does anyone know how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Michel