[Samba] Re: Red X and guest user message in logs

Marco De Vitis starless at spin.it
Sun Nov 27 16:19:17 GMT 2005

Joel Franco wrote:

> Try sniff the ethernet communication with ethereal in the server (within
> a VNC server is cool), or try to increase the "log level" (3 gives you a
> lot information).

Too much information, unfortunately. :-(
The problem happens at random, and setting log level to 3 for an
undefined time I run the risk of getting out of disk space (I already
tried).
Maybe I could sniff, yes, but browsing through tons of ethernet packets
looks like a rather extreme solution to me.

--
Ciao,
   Marco.