[Samba] Re: Red X and guest user message in logs

Marco De Vitis starless at spin.it
Sat Nov 26 00:19:36 GMT 2005

Joel Franco wrote:

> I had that problem of a radom red X in the mapped drive too when the
> server was a Win98 machine. The problem was hardware on this server.

I already thought about a hardware problem, but one thing mostly keeps
me away from this idea: supposing there was some hardware network fault,
I'd expect to find traces of communication errors in Samba logs (and
maybe syslog). Instead, I see no errors in there, apart from the "guest
user" message I reported.

--
Ciao,
   Marco.