[Samba] "inherit owner" is not working..... how i can make it work

updatemyself . updatemyself at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 20:29:36 GMT 2005

Hai All,

i am getting some problem... with the option "inherit owner"
i set this.. to make sure.. when ever a use creating a folder
in share.. it must be as the same ownership of its parent
Directory... but its not working fine with me..
My parent Directory "GALLERY" is owned by user "sysadmin"
while a user tries to create a folder inside.. "GALLERY"
it created as his own ownership...(while user name "nikki"
creating a folder its ownership comes as only "nikki"
(why "inherit owner" is not working with me.. ) how i can
over come this)

all i need is.. while user "nikki" or anyone create a folder
it must create the ownership of "sysadmin" (that means its
parent directory's owner"

IF any idea... please share.... i don't know where i am stuck..

[BACKUP]
   path = /backup
   writable = yes
   public = yes