[Samba] connecting from Windows XP x64 Edition

Tommy Magnusson Tommy.Magnusson at foxt.com
Thu Nov 24 14:06:37 GMT 2005

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem in my environment. We're running
Samba on 5 Solaris 9 servers (both Sparc and x86) and I receive the same
error message when I try to connect from a Windows XP 64 bit client.

I've changed the SECURITY parameter to USER in the smb.conf file and
that gives me the ability to authenticate on the local machine, but I
need to have this working in a domain environment.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thx,

Tommy Magnusson

>> Hi there,

>> permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of >> this server to find out if you have access permissions.<CR><CR> The >> request is not supported."

>> other Samba servers running the same version and other versions of Samba.
>> samba-3.0.20b,1     A free SMB and CIFS client and server for UNIX
>> zeus# uname -a
>> FreeBSD zeus 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #2: Thu Apr  7 19:19:51 CEST

>> 2005     root at baghira:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>> (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.
>> samba-3.0.11,1      A free SMB and CIFS client and server for UNIX
>> ollik:root # uname -a
>> FreeBSD ollik 5.4-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE #2: Fri Feb 25 >> 19:00:04 CET 2005     root at ollikn:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MOD64  amd64
>> T-Zee

Tommy Magnusson
Fox Technologies
Kungsängsv. 19