[Samba] Problems with ls and find on NetApp Server

Christoph.Rademacher at flydba.com Christoph.Rademacher at flydba.com
Thu Nov 24 10:08:50 GMT 2005

Hello,

we are using Samba Client to connect to cifs shares of a Network Appliance
file server.
In 80 % of the cases i do a ls, I always get an

user at server:/dir/on/filer> ls
ls: reading directory .: Cannot allocate memory

error.

Using ls on local filesystem or on Win2k smb shares works without a
problem.
I have a attached a trace to this message.
(See attached file: strace.txt)

We use Samba 3.0.20b on SuSE Linux 9.2 with 2.6.8 Kernel.

I hope that someone can help me out with this Problem.

Kind regards

Christoph Rademacher

IT Department
dba Luftfahrtgesellschaft mbh
Terminal 1, Modul A, Terminalstrasse West, D85356 München - Flughafen
E-Mail: Christoph.Rademacher at flydba.com
Telefon: +49 (0) 89 975 91423
Telefax: +49 (0) 89 975 91211
Internet: http://www.flydba.com/