[Samba] Sick Samba 3.0.14a-3 Server - in a world of pain!

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Wed Nov 23 07:31:55 GMT 2005

Hi, i know this problem, is not samba but ldap
do you have nscd installed?

last weekend i had a similar problem,
after a /etc/init.d/samba restart
my samba produced errors.

i had to restarted samba again, restarted ldap still no go.
i rebooted the complete server, and... no samba.

i removed nscd for the server, stopped samba and ldap
i reset the Administrator password with smbpasswd -w
and first started ldap, then started samba again.
then it was working gain.

i think its ldap generating the logon problems, but im not sure.

Louis