[Samba] samba produces heavy load on solaris server

Dirk Jakobsmeier dirk.jakobsmeier at wige.com
Tue Nov 22 06:47:44 GMT 2005

Hello,

i have problems with to heavy load on our samba server (2.2.7) on a sun
solaris (5.8) server. We use the server to share data for mechanical cad and
those programs open many, many (e.g. 1400 files in one model) files at a time
and because of this produce really heavy load on the server (cpu 15%-25% per
smbd process).

Trying a newer version of samba (3.0.14a) does not really make this better.

Are there any changes that i can do to prevent this?

Regards