[Samba] Filetime Problems

Patrick W. Fraley pf at comsulting.de
Mon Nov 21 13:51:57 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I am having a weird problem with the filetimes, which I can not seem to
get under control:

The Scenario:

I have a file:

test.pl  06.07.2005 14:00

Now I make a copy of the FIle to my local harddrive and the date
(creation date) stay the same.  Now when I put this file pack on the
samba share the date and time also stays the same.

Now if I login to the samba server via ssh and change the owner of the
file test.pl and then copy my lokal copy back to the samba share, the
date gets changed to the current date and time.

Now is there some switch I can use to prevent this from happening?  We
do have Samba 3.0.9 with ACL (Standard SuSE Samba RPM) running here.

Any hints/help would be greatly appreciatet.

Best regards
Patrick

--
COMsulting Gerhard Faehling GmbH