[Samba] Newbie-Authentication for term. em. software?

Michael Merker merkerm at pbcc.edu
Fri Nov 18 20:08:53 GMT 2005

We're a Windows shop just getting our feet wet with Linux.  We want to use a
terminal emulation package from our Windows desktops to access an application
running on Linux.  Right now, our users have to authenticate three times -
once into Active Directory, once into Linux and then, finally, into the
application itself.  Would the use of Samba allow us to skip the 2nd step of
having to authenticate to Linux when we use the terminal emualtion software?
Thanks.