[Samba] Multiple DNS entries

Daniel Figucio dfigucio at mac.com
Sun Nov 20 21:20:30 GMT 2005

Hi!

I have a Samba 3 server that is bound into Active Directory and
Kerberos SSO works fine.

Let's say the server is called server1.example.com

There are full forward and reverse entries in the DNS for it.

Now, I also want to add an alias to that server in DNS - say
video.example.com

When users try to connect to video.example.com, Kerberos SSO
authentication fails. I think I can see why.

Is it possible to use DNS aliases to have multiple names for a Samba
server?

I don't want to get into a discussion of why this is needed - let's
just say it is a customer mandate.

Cheers!

Daniel.