[Samba] upgraded redhat samba won't function

Bryan Hepworth bryan at coxagri.com
Fri Nov 18 12:17:07 GMT 2005

Hi I would be grateful if someone could cast their eye over this - I've
been looking at it and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I upgraded the box from RedHat 3 AS to RedHat 4 AS. Samba is version 3.0.10

The PC appears in XP OK but it isn't accessible and doesn't show any
shares. I've posted the smb.conf and var/log/nbnd.log

Thanks

Bryan

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2005/11/17 15:17:10

# Global parameters
[global]
    dns proxy = No
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    netbios name = DURHAMSAMBA
    server string = Samba Linux
;    password server = None
    workgroup = cox
    os level = 20
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    encrypt passwords = yes
    security = share
    max log size = 50
    wins support = yes

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    writeable = yes

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    printable = Yes
    browseable = No

[public]
    path = /home/public
    writeable = yes
    guest ok = yes
    public = yes

  Netbios nameserver version 3.0.10-1.4E started.
  Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1994-2004
[2005/11/18 11:56:30, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(396)
  *****

  Samba name server DURHAMSAMBA is now a local master browser for
workgroup COX on subnet 93.1.1.210

  *****
[2005/11/18 11:56:30, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(396)
  *****

  Samba name server DURHAMSAMBA is now a local master browser for
workgroup COX on subnet 192.168.57.19

  *****
[2005/11/18 11:56:41, 0]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(353)
  find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
  Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name COX<1b> for the
workgroup COX.
  Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.