[Samba] System error 64 occurred

Enson lattecafe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 06:09:37 GMT 2005

Dear all,

I am using Samba 3.0.20b on REdHat 7.2 and + OpenLDAP 2.2.X on another
RedHat 7.3

When I try to connect to Samba from XP, it always returns "System error 64
occurred. The specified network name is no longer available."

But I were using IP to connect to the samba so there should'n have network
name issue. After I restart smbd, then everything fine.

Is there any problem with Samba on RedHat 7.2 for this un-stable situation??

The case is:
in XP, net use * \\IP\public /user:username *

First time ok.
Then net use Z: /delete
and reconnect with net use, then error occurred.

Thx.