[Samba] XP will no longer download print drivers

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Nov 17 23:48:06 GMT 2005

> Am just using the Adobe drivers as mentioned in the Samba manuals.
> Where do I get the XP drivers from?

I think that info is a little out of date - have a look at the manpage
for cupsaddsmb:

http://www.cups.org/man/cupsaddsmb.html

It says that the files you are using belong to the Adobe PS driver for
Win9x, and so this won't work with XP.  On the manpage it tells you for
Win2K and XP, the Adobe driver and the MS driver are identical, so just
use the files listed under "Microsoft PostScript drivers for Windows",
they appear to be the same ones that I've used and it's working for me
without any problems.

Cheers,
Adam.