[Samba] Forcing Password Changes

Michael Barnes mbarnes at hcjb.org
Thu Nov 17 20:31:24 GMT 2005

I'm using samba-3.0.10-1.4E.2

I found how to change the maximum age,
[root][WRN3:~]> pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C 180
account policy value for maximum password age was 90
account policy value for maximum password age is now 180

But I still can't seem to change anything in the individual user parameters.

Also, I see that the bad password counter does not increment when the
user fails to log in.  I purposefully used about ten bad passwords in a
row and nothing showed up in "pdbedit -L -v <user>".

Michael

Craig White told me on 11/17/2005 14:05: