[Samba] NTConfig.POL not working for Win 2000 (for XP working fine)?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Nov 17 14:37:29 GMT 2005

I'm just exploring the Profile Editor, described on
http://www.pcc-services.com/custom_poledit.html - and policies saved to
NTConfig.pol file and copied to the netlogon share work great for
Windows XP machines.

However, with Windows 2000, they don't work at all. Winh XP machines -
policies are applied.

I see in Samba logs that the NTConfig.pol is copied from the server to
the w2k workstation, but it has no effect.

This Profile Editor is designed for Windows 2000, as it was shipped with
w2k SP4, so I expected it will work with 2000.

Am I missing something?

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org