[Samba] Multiple Login scripts

"M. Müller" malte.mueller at ewetel.net
Thu Nov 17 08:22:20 GMT 2005

Paul Gienger wrote:

>>basis. Is it possible to set up multiple login scripts that
>>would be executed
>>in sequence i.e. run by user is %u, and machine is %m is it
>>possible to say
>>run %u to set up shares followed by %m  to set up the right
>>printers for the
>>room their in?
>>

>We have a perl script set in the prelogon section of netlogon that will
>determine lots of fun stuff about the user and where they are coming from.
>Once the script has determined who/what is connecting and where from, it
>will write out a batch file into the netlogon share that the user then
>executes, since our logon script variable is something like %U.bat

I do nearly the same at my site, except that i get the info from ldap
for which i wrote a
little schema with a "script" attribute. I extract that attributes with
preexec in [netlogon]
using a util written in C (_starts_ faster than perl) and write static
logon scripts as well.
I put the scripts in user (machine), group and artificial "room" entries.
I would never claim that this is the most clever solution, but it works
for me. Your choice!

Kind regards,
Malte