[Samba] Multiple Login scripts

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Nov 16 08:06:09 GMT 2005

Julian Pilfold-Bagwell schrieb:

>Hi all,
>
>Just a quick question about login scripts for a large number of users who
>change rooms a lot.
>
>I have several rooms each with a printer, and nearly a thousand users divided
>into two main groups - pupils and teachers who change rooms on a routine
>basis. Is it possible to set up multiple login scripts that would be executed
>in sequence i.e. run by user is %u, and machine is %m is it possible to say
>run %u to set up shares followed by %m  to set up the right printers for the
>room their in?
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jpb

Hi,
jep it can be done , use ifmember.exe from the resource kit,
and install printers by group membership
like this

#defautllogin.bat
@echo off
ifmember /v /l "YOURDOMAINNAME\teachers"
if errorlevel 1 call teachers.bat

#teachers.bat
@echo off
REM install the pdfwriter
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dn /n "\\pdc\pdfwriter" /q
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n "\\pdc\pdfwriter"

REM install Lexmark t630 Laserprinter
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dn /n "\\pdc\lext630" /q
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /n "\\pdc\lext630"

this works if you install the printer drivers on samba, how to in smb faqs
you can do any jobs by having a default login.bat for every domain user
and lead
to others bats by lead from ifmember.exe
so there are many combinations thinkable

Regards