[Samba] Samba 3 Domain XP Pro hangs for after logon

Rhys Goodwin rhys.goodwin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 02:47:00 GMT 2005

Hi there,
 I have a a smaba 3 Domain with and openldap backend + pamldap+nssldap.
Everything works well except after an xp client logs on the client hangs for
about 2 minutes and then caries on and everything is fine. This problem
occurs after log on before the user's desktop loads. Seems to just timeout
for a while. This is well before the log on script runs. I've disabled "auto
enrollment" in xp sp2. This problem doesn't occur with a windows 2000
client. Has anyone got any suggestions? where to start looking? Seen this
problem before?
 Cheers
 Rhys from NZ