[Samba] Automatically Join Domain after Reboot

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Sun Nov 13 23:32:20 GMT 2005

Am Samstag, 12. November 2005 18:51 schrieb Tommy Pruitt:
> FC4 Samba 3 joining Windows 2003 Domain.
> I have to manually join the Domain after rebooting.  If I set samba to
> start when booting it doesn't join the domain.  I have to smb stop, net
> join ..., smb start from the command line and then it will join the
> domain and work fine.  Is there something in the smb.conf that I can set
> to join the domain when smb starts?
> Thanks,
> Tommy
that shouldn't be necessary, but i had the same problems with both suse and
debian systems. an samba update fixed the problem.
make sure you have the time (and DNS) set correctly on both systems, i
remember that this is necessary for successful pre-authentication.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Beraiterweg 4 93047 Regensburg Untere Hauptstr 2 85386 Eching
fon regensburg  +49 941 8107989 fon eching      +49 89 379 956 3
fax +49 89 379 956 444  mobil + +49 170 3027092
skype ID: mfeilner mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net
SIP: +49 941 569 549 5 (sipgate)