[Samba] Linux Primary Domain Controller Authentication

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Nov 11 04:58:52 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 09:29 +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 11:01 -0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel wrote:
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett escreveu:
> > >
> > > This has not been required in any release of Samba3.
> >
> > 	In early Samba3 releases, at least with w2k Brazilian versions,
> > (and it is about mid-2003), we need to disable the Require Sign or Seal
> > Local Policy to get MS Windows and Samba3 playing together. :)
>
> In Samba2 this applied, but I have no reports that this was required in
> *released* versions of Samba3.  I suspect it was something else.
>
> This is an important policy for network security, and the client can be
> compromised by an active network attack if it is not set.
----
this was one of the primary reasons that I proposed having a samba wiki
to dispel some of these legendary misinformations.

another thought was where to deflect people who ask about 'the endpoint
has disconnected' messages in logs.

one other thought was a samba troubleshooting checklist...

Craig

believed to be clean.