[Samba] Weird problems with printing

dballester dbm0572 at yahoo.es
Thu Nov 10 14:30:37 GMT 2005

El jue, 10-11-2005 a las 14:02 +0000, Michael Keightley escribió:
> I removed all roaming profiles before migrating, there aren't many people on
> this office.   Most people have laptops here and login to the local machine
> (same username and password as on the domain).  They can't add printers either,
> even when they are local admins.  It wants print drivers.
> Feels like a permissions problem.

Could be not having rights to access to the networked drivers? You can
be admin in your local machine, but if the driver is stored in the
network and you don't have rights to access there...

> Where is the netlogon.bat file stored?
>
> Michael

You informed it:

(...)
  guest ok = no
  writable = yes

[netlogon]
  comment = Network Logon Service
  path = /home/samba_shark/%a/netlogon   <-- here, from your smb.conf
  guest ok = yes
  writeable = no
  share modes = no

(...)

HTH

--
David Ballester Montolio
GNU/Linux user #206389

skype: david.ballester

"In this day and age, computer systems
are getting faster and more capable, but
they still do not eliminate the need for a
sensible, intelligent person to run the
show. Computers will never be 'smart
enough for any fool to use.' ... When you
go looking for a software package, don't
just look for which one has the most
automation. Don't believe that because
it has all that automation, it will make
your job or your life easier. It won't. ...
There is no substitute for using your own
brain to get a job done right."
    - Howard Chu of Highland