[Samba] What file gets corrupted in Samba when perms stop working correctly?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Nov 10 13:24:58 GMT 2005

I have a share which a group write list.
That group is mapped to a Linux group in /etc/group.
That group in Linux has two users.
The first user listed is suddenly unable to write, but the second one is.
With the affected user logged in to Win2K, ifmember /list shows they are a member of the group, as does the working account.

I am guessing one of those .tdb files or something got scrambled on the server. Any suggestions how to restore functionality?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems