[Samba] Samba over NFS: Total and Free disk incorrect in Windows.

samba.list samba.list at bobbennett.org
Wed Nov 9 00:22:19 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have a Linux machine auto-mounting an NFS share, then sharing it out
via Samba (not my idea).  Everything is fine - except: On Windows machines
that have mapped a drive to the Samba share the Total Size and Free Space
for the mapped network drive (Samba/NFSshare) shows Total Size of 20.0 MB
and Free Space of 0 bytes.

To rule out a very simple Samba problem I created a new (local)
directory on the Linux machine and shared it with Samba.  No problem.
Total and Free show correctly.

Thoughts?

Some details:

Linux is 2.4.21-15.ELsmp (RHEL3, recent load; fully updated)
Samba is: samba-common-3.0.9-1.3E.5

smb.conf (with some details XXXX'd out)
[global]

   workgroup = XXXX