[Samba] audit and recycle VFS modules

Toni Casueps casueps at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:56:32 GMT 2005

I have activated the audit.so module and it logs information about file
access but not in the format I want: it doesn't log the user name and
host name who performed each action on a file or directory. How can I
set the format of this log?

About the recycle.so module, it works but not always. Some "Permission
denied" lines appear in the logs regarding a file move towards
.recycle. That directory has write permission for all users, and in
fact there are files from all users there, so at least once they have
been able to move files there. Is there any place where I can see more
detailed information about why this permission is sometimes denied?

Thanks.