[Samba] quota problems with 3.0.20b

Wolf Wiegand wolf at kondancemilch.de
Mon Nov 7 09:57:49 GMT 2005

Hello,

we've encountered a problem when using quotas:

server side fs: xfs
samba version:  3.0.20b
client os:	Win2000

If an administrator tries to look at the quota settings from the W2k
client (no service packs), samba runs into an endless loop. When doing
the same thing from a XP box, no problems occur. I've found a similar
problem here:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2005-October/043313.html
but unfortunately no solution to it.

Any suggestions on how to work around this issue? Since the logfiles
become quite large when this error occures, I won't attach any to this
mail, but I can put them on a webserver, if desired.

Regards,

Wolf

--
Wie lautet das Zauberwort? - Bier!? (Dittsche)