[Samba] winbind or netsamlogon_cache.tdb issue

Lionel Déruaz lderuaz at free.fr
Mon Nov 7 09:41:03 GMT 2005

> | Hello, we have tried the 3.0.21pre1 release.
> | Effectively the netsamlogon_cache file doesn't exist anymore.
> | However we keep on having similar trouble with the cache : some users
> | members of some AD group are seen as if they were not belonging to the
> | group. And it is ok if winbind is started without cache.
>
> You do know about the 'winbind cache time' option right ?
> It's set to 5 minutes by default IIRC.

Yes, we have configured it with 5 seconds value. Moreover we start winbind with
the option "-n".
What we see is same some wbinfo -r requests gets in return the error message

Could not get groups for user xxx

And that no traffic is sent from the server to the AD server (and so, of course,
no answer).
The problem seems to be link to the behavior of "wbinfo -r", or rather
wbinfo_get_usergroups( in particular the  winbindd_request_response command)

Do you agree ?

Cheers,
Lionel