[Samba] Add machine, user, group, etc. scripts

Michael Barnes mbarnes at hcjb.org
Fri Nov 4 22:27:09 GMT 2005

Can anyone tell me exactly how the various add machine/user/group/etc/
scripts work in Samba?  I know how to set them up in smb.conf.  That's
not problem.  But how are they invoked?  Some use Samba specific
variables like %u and %m.  How do you run a script manually to use these
variables?

If you have an add user script and a non-user tries to log in, does it
create an account for him?

If you have an add machine script and the user attempts to log in from a
previously non-registered machine, does it automatically add that
machine to the mix?

Thanks for ideas,

Michael