[Samba] Bind to eth1 only problem

Joseph T. Duncan duncanjo at ucs.orst.edu
Thu Nov 3 19:59:04 GMT 2005

from the man page:
bind interfaces only (G)
--snip--
nmbd also binds to the "all addresses" interface (0.0.0.0) on ports 137
and 138 for the purposes of reading broadcast messages.
--snip--

so i guess its not a bug but expected behavour...
kinda dumb, would expect to be able to bind it to a specific interface
only. :/ as I don't care about broadcast messages on any other interfaces
that may be present. I can see how it would be useful in some envirnments,
but its not right for all environments, and should have a method for
stopping it from doing that with out having to resort to some other method
like iptables to stop the undesired behavior.

Info:                           Email:
Joseph T. Duncan                  work: duncanjo at ucs.orst.edu
Student Computing Facilities	  Home: Joseph.Duncan at orst.edu