[Samba] Giving local and domain user access to shares

Adam Engel adamengel at specializedbusinesssoftware.com
Tue Nov 1 18:32:30 GMT 2005

All,

I have to give a user access to a samba share that isn't a member of our
domain.  I need to keep the permissions the same, but still allow this
user to access and change the share.

I have added the user to the computer for samba, but I am unable to
create the group locally that owns the files. Right now a domain group
owns the files, but I would like to add a local group of the same name
and make this user a member of the group.

Is it possible to create a local samba account for a user and allow them
access to a share?

Thanks In Advance,

Adam