[Samba] Roaming and local profiles EXTRANGE problem!!

Daniel Ruiz Jimenez druiz at gruposied.com
Tue Nov 1 10:23:11 GMT 2005

Thanks for your answer. I'll try to explain better my problem.

1.- I log on into station A. I do an example file, called "example.doc" on
Desktop. I log out station A. No errors happens.
2.- The roaming profile is ok on server (ls
/home/exampleuser/profile/desktop shows "example.doc".
3.- I log on into station B. I can see "example.doc". I delete this file,
and do "example2.doc". I log out. No errors happens.
4.- The roaming profile is ok on server (ls
/home/exampleuser/profile/desktop shows "example2.doc".
5.- I log on into station A. I see in desktop BOTH example.doc and
example2.doc. I should only see "example2.doc", isn't it?

NOTE: I'm getting crazy!! I tried samba 2 and 3 versions, maybe this is a
normal windows behavior?
NOTE2: By gpedit.msc I can delete local profile, but I don't like (neither
my bosses) this solution, because we lost the local copy (necessary if my
samba server falls).
NOTE3: It happens both with 2000 and XP clients.
NOTE4: My smb.conf (version 3)

[global]
        workgroup = MICASA
        netbios name = MICASA
        encrypt passwords = yes
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
        socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000