[Samba] Joining Sun NAS to samba domain

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue May 31 22:19:48 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 11:04 +0100, Janet Dickson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have successfully joined my Sun NAS device to my Samba PDC (version 2.2.10,
> security=user, encrypt passwords=yes)
>
> However, when I try to map a drive to \\nas\home it wont accept my (correct)
> password and the NAS log says :
> NetrSamlogon[BIOSS\janet]: SAMBA_ACCESS_DENIED (Samba PDC)

I very much doubt it says SAMBA_ACCESS_DENIED, but anyway.

> Have I missed something ? Do I have to set up a trust account or is it to do
> with encrypted passwords ?

Yes, you will need to join it to the domain.  You will need to read the
docs for your NAS as to how to do it.  I also strongly suggest an
upgrade to Samba 3.0, as Samba 2.2 is no longer in security support, and
has known security issues.

Andrew Bartlett