[Samba] Remote Desktop Users as ADM-template?

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Sat May 28 11:31:03 GMT 2005

Hello,

I run a Samba3 server with XP-Clients and I would like to give some
users the ability to use the Remote Desktop, although they are *no*
Domain Admin.

Either, I can put them in the Remote Desktop Users group, or I put their
username or group into the list on gpedit.msc -> Computer Configuration
-> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Setting
User Rights -> Allow Logon via Terminal Services.

I have some questions regarding that. :-)

- Is it possible to deploy this setting via ADM template as NT4-policy?
- Would it be possible to deploy this setting with a "real" 2003 server
as GPO?
- Is there any workaround, or am I left with adding each and any user on
every workstation?

Thanks in advance
Florian