[Samba] Re: Samba file transfer problem.

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Fri May 27 17:33:16 GMT 2005

  You accidentally wrote to the wrong list (this is the
developer discussion about code), but we do recognize the
problem.  I've redirected it...

   Windows **preserves case** but it does not **honor** case.
As far as it's concerned, aaa aaA, aAA, AAA and so on are all
the same file, but to confuse you it remembers what case you
used when you created it and displays that back to you.

  In this case it first created aaa.txt, then overwrote it
with Aaa.txt, and shows it to you as aaa.txt.
  Fun, wow!

--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,      | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems, Toronto | some people and astonish the rest