[Samba] Samba and Windows ACL Issue

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Fri May 27 15:46:09 GMT 2005

Ross,

The fstab below shows that your file systems are NOT mounted with ACL support.
To gain ACL support you need:
1. A the ACL and EA functionality in the Linux kernel
2. To mount the file systems with ACL and XATTR support
3. Samba compiled and linked with the ACL and XATTR libraries

An example fstab entry to mount a file system with ACL and XATTR support is
given here:

LABEL=/export/1    /export/1     ext3    defaults,acl,user_xattr 1 2

Cheers,
John T.