[Samba] smb an NFS dir?

Ben Ransom bransom at ucdavis.edu
Thu May 26 16:34:58 GMT 2005

Both NFS server and SMB servers are RHEL 3, and yes, I'm running
nfslock.  These are not LDAP or Winbind -- just using same usernames on
both Win and Unix.  My Samba is 3.0.9.

I couldn't get any improvement with the nfs mount options you suggested --
thanks tho.  However, I found a solution in specifying 'posix locking = no'
in smb.conf (for the nfs mounted share, not global).  With this, smb
clients now connect fine to shares of NFS mounted file systems.  I have not
looked fully into other possible side effects of using this parameter (my
disclaimer :)  ).
-Ben Ransom