[Samba] sharing NFS mounts

Mike Charnoky noky at nextbus.com
Wed May 25 15:53:27 GMT 2005

The server in question has a particular directory available on the local
filesystem (/mydisk/mydir).  There is an NFS server running on this
machine which serves up this directory and makes it available as
/nfs/mydir on the same machine (automount cfg files are rdisted to all
local machines).

It it better to configure Samba to serve the dir from the local
filesystem (/nfs/mydir) or from the NFS mount (/mydisk/mydir)?  I would
guess it is better to use the filesystem directly, but that's not what
our old sysadmin did.

Mike