[Samba] Using the check names button in windows to look partial names.

Rhys Goodwin rhys.goodwin at gmail.com
Wed May 25 11:41:19 GMT 2005

Hi,
 In a win2k /active directory environment it is possible when adding users a
security group to type the first part of the name and then press the "Check
Names" button and it will look up the rest of name and fill it out or it
will bring a box showing possibilities.
  That is, if I wanted to add "David Brown" to an ACL in windows and on my
network I had a "David Brown" and a "David Jackson" I would be able to just
type David and then press "check names" and it would display the 2
possibilities.
 Any ideas if this is possible in a samba3/opendap domain?
  Cheers,
Rhys