[Samba] ssh + pam_winbind error 'incorrect password or invaid membership'

jstile john at stilen.com
Tue May 24 21:42:52 GMT 2005

Everything is working now.
Thank you for all the help!

Don't really know what fixed it, but now it works.
I'm starting to think most problems are fixed by restarting samba and
winbind.
I changed one thing in smb.conf:
   From the previous posts:
        template homedir = /home/%D/%U
   To this:
        template homedir = /home/%U

For winbind+pam+sudo this is my /etc/pam.d/sudo
  auth       sufficient     pam_winbind.so
  @include common-auth
  account    sufficient     pam_winbind.so
  @include common-account

This is my final /etc/pam.d/ssh
  auth       required       pam_listfile.so item=user sense=allow
file=/etc/ssh/pam.sshd onerr=fail
  auth       sufficient     pam_winbind.so
  auth       required       pam_nologin.so
  auth       required       pam_env.so # [1]
  @include   common-auth
  account    sufficient     pam_winbind.so
  @include   common-account
  session    required       pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel umask=0022
  @include   common-session
  session    optional       pam_motd.so # [1]
  session    optional       pam_mail.so standard noenv # [1]
  session    required       pam_limits.so
  @include common-password