[Samba] Samba Domain Administrator

Fabio Muzzi liste at kurgan.org
Tue May 24 09:12:58 GMT 2005

Hello Jorge,

Monday, May 23, 2005, 6:51:59 PM, you wrote:

JF> Someone told me to insert "domain admin group = group I want" or
JF> "domain admin user = users I want" in my smb.conf file, but it didn't
JF> worked (looks like that was for older versions of samba).
JF> Can someone help?

Try this command: (from root shell)

net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=root

This  should  enable  the  users  in  the "root" group to be considered as
domain  admins  by  workstations,  thus  enabling the user "root" to be an
administrator of all windows workstations.

If  you like, you can create a group like "ntadmins" and set that group to
be  Domain  Admins instead of "root", then you can add users to this group
(I suggest to add also root to this group) so that "normal" users (that do
not  have  the  root  password  on your Linux server) can still manage the
windows workstations.

--

  Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi